St Francis Nursery
Welcome to St Francis - Our Nursery Class!
Our Lady guides us as we have fun learning together,
aiming to be the best that we can be
The nursery staff would like to welcome you to our Autumn term. The first group of children started today 7th September. A second group will follow on Wednesday 9th and the final group will start on Monday 14th September. You will be notified about the curriculum as soon as the children are settled in. Keep watching this space for more details.
Our new IPC (International Primary Curriculum) topic for the Summer term is 'Going Places' This coincides with our class outing to the farm.
After the trip the children will be learning about all kinds of ways of travelling.
- Look at all kinds of cars, lorries, planes and other vehicles
- Make a train station in the classroom
- Make model vehicles
- Play with boats in the water tray and diggers in the sand tray.
- Go on a pretend magic carpet ride
- Listen to stories about vehicles such as Terrific trains.
Our 'Stay and Play' sessions continues. Parents are invited to sign up to the rota which is available on the parents information board in the nursery lobby.
Parents will also have the opportunity to speak to the staff about their child's progress and to observe a lesson if they wish.
In Phonics we will continue with phase one phonics linking letters and sounds.
We are continuing with our Home Reading Scheme.The children will be given a book to share with an adult. Please continue to support your child with reading and sign the reading record. Books will be changed on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays.
If you have any questions or are experiencing any difficulties please come and see me.
A.Ross (Class Teacher)
I am building a house for the tiger.
We have opportunities for counting.
WORLD WAR 1 ASSEMBLY
Role play in the new cafe set up in the nursery.
Our topic for R.E this term is People of Prayer.
Pupils will have the opportunity to:
- Join in simple prayers and hymns
- Come to know Jesus is God the Father's son
- Know ways in which a christian family and parish celebrate life and show care for one another
- Experience that a Church is a special place where God's people gather to pray.
- Experience and recognies prayer is talking and listening to God